During winter, you can witness snow, sleet and ice that might damage your roof. When it gets below freezing, your home and property can benefit from a proper winterization plan for safeguarding diverse parts of your home from damage due to snow, sleet, ice and other winter weather conditions.
- The weight of snow can cause your roof to sag and crack under pressure.
- Snow, ice & sleet can weaken the home’s structure and impact roof longevity.
- Layers of ice can damage the roof for an aging or weaker roof.
- Winters pull off your roofing shingles, leading to roof leaks and others.
- Ice buildup can damage the edge of your roof that is unchecked.
Most homeowners attempt to clear snow from their roofs often so that they can avoid damage. Using a snow shovel can easily remove snow as it can damage the shingles.